Saturday, 8 August 2015

[Help] Building a motor to turn a small bicycle wheel slowly

I'd like to start this off by saying that I know nothing about motors, and neither do any of my electronics-oriented friends.

What I'm looking to do is take an old used bicycle wheel and stick it on a motor so it will turn, slowly. Let's say that the wheel is 12" in diameter and might have some extra weight on it. If you need to visualize, imagine that I'm turning a wheel into a windmill-type device as an art project.

Thanks for your help -- I'm completely at a loss as to how to do this, and Google hasn't been the best help. I would also like the wheel to "slip" so that in case it gets stuck, the motor can keep turning and not burn out.



Submitted August 08, 2015 at 06:29PM by calabresi http://ift.tt/1K9L46m

No comments:

Post a Comment