Saturday, 26 September 2015

Request- How to clean my basement room window

Hey guys, I apologise if this is the wrong subreddit but I'm not sure exactly where this belongs. I just moved into some student accommodation for my third year at University and it's been presenting a few problems. Basically, I've been given the basement room (reluctantly) in our new house in which the only ventilation comes from a grate at street level covered by a plastic sheet. Needless to say this has made the inside of the "window" quite disgusting/smelly which means I can't have the window open at all. This is a large problem as I suffer from rhinitis/claustrophobia. I've emailed my maintenance services about removing the covering but I have no idea what I should do about cleaning the inside as I doubt they'd do more than remove the plastic. The cleaning I'd need to do would be removing the damp dirt at the bottom and the number of plant growths/webs that have grown inside as shown in the pictures here http://ift.tt/1Vhnbzv. I was hoping someone may be able to direct me towards the right tools or methods for removing some of this stuff. Thanks to anyone in advance!



Submitted September 26, 2015 at 08:48PM by homo-heisenbergensis http://ift.tt/1O0QNCk

No comments:

Post a Comment