Friday, 25 September 2015

Wife wanted a headboard

Finished product - http://ift.tt/1WmoEaj

Beginning and progress - http://ift.tt/1WmoEal

So wife has been nagging me to buy a new headboard for the guest bedroom for some time now.

Decided to get the old tools out of the shed and really just smack together a simple little design with old pallet wood I had lying around. Was really aiming for a weekend project

After I put together the frame I changed my mind and went out to buy some decent pine. Since I was going to do it I might just as well build something that will last my lifetime.

Since we are expecting our second baby in February I added LED back lighting for when wife needs to get up for feeding times during the night.

Unfortunately the nightstands do not look too great with the new addition so I have already started planning for two similar nightstands to be made.

All major joints were put together with dowels and glue of course. Front panels, edges and top put together with glue and nails.

Finished off with a yellow wood stain and poly sealer.

** Yes I didn't have clamps big enough so I had to improvise a bit with ratchet straps. Worked out okay.



Submitted September 25, 2015 at 01:46PM by dexter184 http://ift.tt/1NY3C0f

No comments:

Post a Comment