I'm making a journal from Gravity Falls, and I have a cutout of the hand design made from foil paper, which is the ultra glossy gold paper (plastic?) stuff that you find in most stores, not the aluminum foil type stuff. I'm trying to stick it to this hardcover book I have with this material, no idea what it's called. The stuff most hardcovers you have custom bound are made of.
How can I stick the foil onto the book?
Things I considered:
Elmers Glue, probably not strong enough and is water soluble
Double sided adhesive sheet, which is like double sided tape (the non foam kind), but the size of a piece of copy paper, not sure how strong it will be
Just a bunch of rows of double sided tape, kind of a hassle, and and not sure of the strength.
Mod Podge, I just read online some basic stuff about it, is it any good for this?
Spray adhesive
The hand cutout itself is a medium-ish area to cover with adhesive, around 8in by 5.5in. So whatever adhesive is used, it would have to be able to be painted/sprayed on the area, or basically cover the whole thing in any way.
One of the problems is that the foil is extremely glossy, so it doesn't take adhesives too well, and if I try to sand it, it basically ruins it. Any way to dull the gloss?
Also, I'd like to know how I could finish it? Something to protect the design, preferably something that would help prevent it from peeling off. It's going to be a book I bring around a bunch, so it should be able to keep the edges from peeling, but the base adhesive itself should do most of the work. The finish would be more for an extra layer of protection.
Any help is appreciated, thanks.
the foil: http://ift.tt/1VdfXl7
the book cover: http://ift.tt/1WjX531
Submitted April 09, 2016 at 09:34PM by Gab_Cab http://ift.tt/1VHsn34
No comments:
Post a Comment